As I was packing the diaper bag for heading out to the bbq/picnic outing over the long weekend, I decided just for fun to take a snapshot of all the things that go into my bag. I was actually quite amazed at the amount of stuff I managed to fit in.
I carry an OiOi bag which I got for a steal on Gumtree. I love it because of the classic style and roomy interior which can hold in surprisingly a lot of stuff as I will illustrate shortly.
So here is pretty much everything laid out…
Now let’s count the number of items I have in there:
1. Cloth nappies – one or two, depending on how long we’ll be out
2. Baby sling – either the pouch or the ring sling, depending on my mood or the occasion or what the laundry rotation is at the time
3. Nursing cover
4. A spare change of clothing for baby – usually a little T-shirt or onesie
5. A little toy or something to keep him amused if the situation arises
6. Changing pad
7. Baby wipes
9. Spare disposable nappy – I’ve never encountered an occasion where I’ve had to use it, but I feel better knowing it’s there
10. Spare nursing pads
11. Small zip up bag to hold items #7, #8, #9 and #10
12. Wet bag to keep soiled nappies – sorry, it’s not captured in the picture
13. Zip lock plastic bag – just in case I need to contain anything mega messy or wet or if I just need something to hold stuff
18. Chanel ‘Essentials’ colour palette – it’s six colour combo for eyes/lips/cheek, so I just carry this in place of having to carry a lipstick, eyeshadow, blusher, face compact etc.
19. Keys – I grab these on the way out
20. And baby! Well he doesn’t actually go in the bag but he goes with it.
Wow… totally a Mary Poppins moment! It’s a far cry from what I had in my bag three years ago. I wonder if I’m overdoing it? Do I have too many ‘just in case’ items or is there something I totally missed?
If you have nothing better to do, I’d really like to know what’s in YOUR bag.