“When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand
pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.
And now when every new baby is born its first laugh becomes a fairy.
So there ought to be one fairy for every boy or girl”
(J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan)
|Grace’s laugh captured on camera for the first time|
(circa 3 months old)
Is there anything in the world that sounds more magical than a baby’s first gurgly gummy laugh?
If this fairy resembled the little baby’s laugh that brought her into being, I imagine she would be light and sparkly and love dancing and bouncing on teeny tiny twinkly toes.
Some things that get a chuckle out of little Grace...
- Being held up to bounce up and down on her little feet
- Big brother blowing raspberry kisses on her tummy
- Getting butterfly kisses under her chin and neck
- Playing “This little piggy” with mummy on her teeny toesies
- Being tickled at just the right spot on her chubby belly (only daddy knows where)
- Mummy singing “chicken drumsticks and charsiu bao” while pumping her chunky drumstick thighs and patting her plump squishy bum
Everyone in the family just enjoys finding new ways to push Grace’s giggle button.
[P.S. Thinking back to the time when fairy number one first came to live with us]
Linking up to Jess’s IBOT party